Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Inspirational Jewelry and Intention







I am right in the middle of my thirty-day observation of breathing for five minutes every morning. Like anything that you are new to, all of a sudden your entire world opens up to show you new ways of looking at your daily life. Focusing on intention and positive thinking has really brought a lot of joy to me, with beautiful inspirational
jewelry as a reminder to maintain happiness is also a definite plus. Meditating is turning out to be a really pleasing experience and is such a nice compliment to positive thinking.


I happened upon an interview with Oprah and Kathy Freston who were talking about meditating and using a mantra. Oprah mentioned that she used the mantra "My heart is open", while Kathy Freston said she preferred "I am peace". I personally was just focusing on breathing, but I thought if my mind did stray that maybe it would not be such a bad idea to include that as a technique.


As I ponder all these questions, it seems every website or ad I see on the Internet now is for meditating. Within a very short time I find my way over to a website called intent.com. I was curious and drawn to this name because of my experience working with intentions, and discovered that Intent.com is a community where members can share their dreams and aspirations and receive support from others. It is such a cool idea. I was so happy to read all the entries of positive intentions that people were listing on the site - positive thinking in action.



Mallika Chopra is the creative force behind Intent.com. She has a B.A. from Brown and an M.B.A. from Kellogg University. She serves as President for Chopra Media and is a member of the board of Directors of Virgin Comics and Animation. Her prior experience includes launching MTV in India, Michael Jackson's Heal the World Foundation and Go Networks. Her Father is Deepak Chopra M.D.

On the website you can access the blog portion of Intent.com and read some really wonderful articles to read. Deepak Chopra has several short videos on health and aging and positive affirmations to enjoy.




I clicked on a posting that Mallika had penned about meditation for children. In her writing Mallika shares how she learned to meditate when she was nine years old: her Father had Gotham (her brother) and her repeat the following phrase:


"I am responsible for what I see. I choose the feelings I experience, and set the goals I will achieve. Everything that seems to happen to me, I ask for and receive as I have asked."

They would normally ask for things like tickets to a Celtics game, but then her Dad would guide them into asking for happiness, hope, peace, love, and connection.




Mallika has taught meditation at her daughter's class with the help of the other parents and has written about the benefits of children meditating. Isn't this a really beautiful idea, I ask you? If young people are shown and allowed to have their own private space in their mind with meditation - I know I certainly would have benefited in school growing up - what with the stress of just being a young person staying alive.


I have included this video, which is a special life moment.


Enjoy,







Have a beautiful day,





photo: 'go play outside'-PKM


joy,


Rena


No comments:

Post a Comment